CLOSED DUE TO BUSH FIRE DAMAGE – Until Further Notice
About The Hostel on Kangaroo Island – Situated in the original soldier settler farm house on Kangaroo Island. This home has been completely renovated into stylish, comfortable, affordable Backpackers style of accommodation surrounded by lawned gardens featuring Australian natives and a great outside campfire. Lots of local wildlife to see.
Shared living/lounge room complete with a warming wood burning slow combustion wood heater for winter.
Kangaroo Island – Hostel Backpacker Accommodation features;
- Hostel backpacker style accommodation, located in a pleasant garden setting
- Single & Bunk Beds various room configurations
- Ideal for groups up to 26 people
- Share Bathrooms (2 showers and 2 toilets in each bathroom) Male & Female
- Bed linen is provided – Note: Towels are not provided.
- Rustic Aussie Camp Kitchen & Dining
- Gas Stove, Gas BBQ, Fridge
- Cooking pots, crockery & cutlery, tea towels are provided
- Shared Living/Lounge Room
- Wood Burning Combustion Heater for winter – Wood provided
- Economical backpacker accommodation on Kangaroo Island
- Please Note: No Cots are available for babies
Accommodation General Notes
Accommodation bookings are subject to availability – Prices subject to change
No credit card facilities are available at the farm
We provide no catering – You will need to provide your own food.
There is no local shopping on the west end of Kangaroo Island, or near the farm.
Flinders Chase Cafe for cafe style meals & take away food & park entrance is only about 10km, which is about 15 minutes by vehicle.
Hanson Bay Sanctuary has a “Visitor Centre” that includes a Cafe good for lunch.
Parndana is the nearest town for fuel, supermarket, post office, bakery, ice, etc, and is 49km away – About 35 minutes in a vehicle.
Phone Coverage: Mobile phones with Telstra Next G / 4G sims work. Any other sim card or mobile phone does not have coverage at the accommodation.